Frequently Asked Questions

What organizations exist at UCLA?

UCLA has over 1,300 registered campus organizations. Search by category and/or keyword. Find an organization! 

What do I need to start a new organization?

You will need to name the organization, a short description, 3 signatories (any UCLA student, faculty, or staff), a constitution, submit the registration and attend a New Signatory Workshop. Your organization’s name can only include UCLA as a geographic reference (i.e. xyz at UCLA), you may not use UCLA in any other fashion. For more information, review registration.

How do I register a new organization?

Submit your organization with necessary requirements for registration during the open registration period at the beginning of every quarter. For more information, review registration.

Does my organization have a SOLE Advisor and who is it?

Yes! Please search for your organization. Your advisor will be listed with your organization info. They welcome the opportunity to meet with you. 

How do I apply for an Organizational Email Account?

To request an organizational e-mail account, a signatory must submit this - organizational email account request form.

If our organization registered last year, do we have to register again this year?

Yes! Registration for every campus organization must be renewed each year during the deadline in Fall Quarter. If you do not re-register in Fall, you can register as a new organization in Winter or Spring Quarter and attend the New Signatory Workshop. Your organization must be registered in order to access resources.

How do we open an organizational bank account and obtain a tax ID number (EIN)?

An organization may choose any banking institution. Many organizations choose University Credit Union or Wescom Credit Union since they are located on campus. In order to open an organization bank account, a bank may require a tax-id number also known as Employer Identification Number (EIN). You can go here for more information on - How to Apply for an EIN . The type of entity is “other nonprofit organization” (student organization). The reason for applying is “banking purpose.”

Can our organization post flyers anywhere on campus?

Unfortunately, no. Speak to your SOLE advisor regarding the distribution of flyers other than those posted on the campus activity boards. SOLE is responsible for the posting of flyers on all of the official campus activity boards. Bring 12 flyers to the SOLE Office by 5pm Thursday, and they will be posted for the following week. Review SOLE Flyer Posting Procedures & Policies.
*This is not available now due to public health guidelines for Covid-19.

Can our organization advertise off-campus?

Most programs that student organizations present are for the education and enjoyment of the UCLA campus community. However, on occasion, it is appropriate to advertise off-campus. Speak to your SOLE advisor regarding obtaining the appropriate authorization for off- campus advertising.

How do I reserve a facility?

First talk with your SOLE advisor when planning any activity. You can research potential locations. You will then contact the venue scheduler to start the process and receive an application through email. The earlier you begin the process the better. Only one of the three signatories can reserve the room and complete the online application.
*Reservations are not available now due to public health guidelines for Covid-19.

How do I apply for event insurance?

Registered Campus Organizations (RCO) should assess their risk and liability for their event. If insurance is recommended or required, RCO's can apply for coverage with CAMPUSCONNEXIONS.

How does our RCO request a Bruin Walk Permit?

In order to fundraise or distribute items on Bruin Walk, you must submit a Bruin Walk Permit to your SOLE advisor. Review approved and unapproved items, if the items are approved for sale or distribution, mark the Bruin Walk calendar, maintain safety and sanitation, and display the permit on the table. 
*This is not available now due to public health guidelines for Covid-19.